Field Service Engineer Position
Are you a mechanically minded problem-solver who loves to work independently? Bonus points if you like to travel! We're rapidly growing and seeking a high-potential Field Service Engineer.
Brief Description: The Field Service Engineer is a key contributor to our Operations team. This position is highly responsive to the needs of customers by performing a variety of duties including installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and servicing pollution control equipment and other industrial processing equipment. Responsibilities also include on-site oversight and project management of small and mid-size projects.
This position offers great opportunities for career growth for the right person.
- Troubleshooting, maintaining and servicing a wide array of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
- PLC, VFD and Controller programming
- PID loop configuration and tuning
- Technical phone support
- Management and Site Supervision for Small to Mid-Size Projects
- Degree in electro-mechanical, electronics, automation engineering technician or equivalent technical or military training
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- Must demonstrate core values of safety, personal integrity, customer partnership, responsiveness, innovative solutions and accountability
- Ability to read electrical schematics and process and instrumentation diagrams
- Programming knowledge of PLC and Operator Interface equipment. Experience with Allen Bradley a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information over the phone, in writing and in person
- Proficiency in MS Windows, Word and Excel
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Requires travel to customer's site by company/rental vehicles or airline travel
- The position will require domestic travel, overtime, working weekends, and may require extended stays on job sites.
Ideal candidates will support our corporate vision of excelling in long-term relationships by developing and executing innovative solutions.
- Full time, 40+ hours per week
- Pay: Competitive base pay with Profit-sharing Bonuses
- Benefits: Company Health, Dental and Vision benefits; paid holidays; paid time off; and 401k with company contribution
- Required Travel: Up to 65%
Sound like a good fit? Please email resume and cover letter to mkuss@PolSys.com.
More About Us: PolSys Services is an innovative leader in providing optimal, unbiased services and independent solutions to companies with industrial air handling and gas fired processes. Our main services include on-site inspections, repairs, and upgrades to all makes and models of industrial burners and air pollution control equipment (e.g., Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers, other types of oxidizers, and scrubbers). We also specialize in industrial automation and control systems engineering and services. Our solutions are designed to improve system reliability, enhance safety, and maintain compliance.
The Location: PolSys Services is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas. The Woodlands is an award-winning, master-planned community featuring next-generation companies, urban living, and world-class entertainment. It is consistently ranked as one of the best cities to live in Texas.